Hi, ive encounterd a huge difference in performance while scaling images, cant
seem to find a reason for it documented anywhere.
The images a read from a database and are originaly email attachments.

The code that takes time is:

     BufferedImageOp op = new
AffineTransformOp(AffineTransform.getScaleInstance(scaleFactor, scaleFactor),
new RenderingHints(RenderingHints.KEY_INTERPOLATION,
RenderingHints.VALUE_INTERPOLATION_BICUBIC));
     BufferedImage scaledImage = op.filter(image, null);

I belive its from an example in Filty rich clients. i belive the
getOptimalScalingImage in the same book has the same strange perforamance
difference for me.
My first thought was that the new directx pipeline in update 10 was the reason.
But its the same in Linux that doesnt have directx.

 the below result is from Linux.

File: Image1.JPG id: 17993   - scalingJRE 1.5.0_10 Actual scaling: 92833 ms.
File: Image2.JPG id: 17992   - scalingJRE 1.5.0_10 Actual scaling: 93124 ms.

File: Image1.JPG id: 17993   - scalingJRE 1.6.0_11 Actual scaling: 125 ms.
File: Image2.JPG id: 17992   - scalingJRE 1.6.0_11 Actual scaling: 128 ms.

Anyone know a reason for this?
[Message sent by forum member 'bobobjorn' (bobobjorn)]