I am no expert in this area, and I've never used that feature.
There is a sun-internal AWT API that was introduced with JDK6u10, with that you
can set the traparency of the main window:
window.setUndecorated(true);
com.sun.awt.AWTUtilities.setWindowOpaque(window, false);

But be aware that there are some general performance problems with it on the
java side.

Furthermore I guess SRC is probably better suited for coloring the window.

- Clemens
[Message sent by forum member 'linuxhippy' (linuxhippy)]