Actually, I recently sent email to the publisher
to ask about the book. Here is the response I got
on Dec 18:

      We finally have the complete manuscript in review and I
      am hoping we can commit to a pub date soon.

       Marjan

       =======================================
       Marjan Bace, Ph.D.
       Publisher ¶ Manning Publications Co. ¶ 32 Lafayette Place
       Greenwich, CT 06830 ¶ 203 629 2028, fax 203 661 9018
       http://www.manning.com

I think lots of people are waiting for this one.
Meg Geroch

...>
...> Sascha Koch wrote:
...> >
...> > Hi all!
...> >
...> > There is a brand new book, covering Java3d:
...> >
...> > Java 3d Programming : A Guide to Key Concepts and Effective Techniques
...> > by Daniel Selman
...>
...> Sadly, there isnt. It has been withdrawn from the publisher
...> (Manning) according to bookstores here in Stockholm and
...> Amazon.com...:-(
...>
...> Anybody know anything else on this?
...>
...> //Rikard
...>
...> To unsubscribe, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body
...> of the message "signoff JAVA3D-INTEREST".  For general help, send email to
...> [EMAIL PROTECTED] and include in the body of the message "help".
...>

--
Margaret S. Geroch
Ph.D. Candidate ... Computer Graphics, The Ohio State University