The default project allows one to choose which project is being
actively worked on so that all of the menu commands (such as build,
debug, etc) will work directly with that project.  In other words, it
allows you to tie one project to the overall Netbeans control
structure.  That way, you can use shortcut keys like F6 and F11 to
easily and quickly build and deploy your active (default) project.
Netbeans allows you to manually right-click on any project in your
Projects navigator and build->deploy, but setting one as the default
makes it easier to work with that project via shortcut keys.

Netbeans allows you to change the default project at any time by
right-clicking the project in the Projects navigator.

Does that make sense?  I apologize for the wordiness...

Josh Juneau
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://jj-blogger.blogspot.com
http://www.gathereventplanning.com