Lua is the programming language under the Codea app on the iPad, and has
been used as "the language" to write games publishable on that platform.

I have Java on my Raspberry Pi, and it runs fine. Obviously I won't be
running a large exposed database on it (due to storage capacity limits) or
doing realtime aerodynamic simulation (due to CPU speed and memory capacity
limits), but those are driven by the provisioning characteristics of my
device and not driven by Java the language.

--
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.
- Plato