My task is to parse a large mssql table into a csv file, to be uploaded
elsewhere. This needs to occur on a scheduled basis (daily, but should be
configurable), and the task should be able to be executed on the click of a
button on a webpage.

It would be non-ideal to install and maintain Tomcat or any other
web/application server to run a Java program, because these are not
currently available and they probably have unnecessary overhead.

My thought is that I would just write my database querying, csv converting,
file uploading, (business logic, etc) in Java, package it up in a jar, and
stick it somewhere my Jenkins server can get to (I have access to a Jenkins
installation). Then I would just configure a Jenkins job to execute the
main method as a shell command. And then when the web page button is
pushed, I could create a Jenkins job (in php or whatever) to execute the
main method a single time.

This seems easy to implement and maintain. Are there any obvious pitfalls
here that I'm unaware of? Is this a misuse of Jenkins? Any input on other
implementation strategies, or ways to improve the one I

Also, any advice on how to create a csv from a large mssql table would be,
in a time efficicent and memory safe manner, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.