From: "ANDREW GODWIN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <jaws-users-list@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 7:59 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Re: Adobe reader 8

Downloading and installing adobe reader 8, You can download this program
from:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep3.html?option=full&order=1&type=&language=English&platform=WinXPSP2&esdcanbeused=1&esdcanhandle=0&hasjavascript=1&getsconly=1&getgtb=1&x=0&y=0

Once the website loads, tap the letter X two times to move to the check box
that says (free Google Toolbar) and tap the space bar to uncheck it. This
will insure that you don't inadvertently download this annoying Toolbar.

You then need to tap the letter B two times or until you move to the
(download Adobe Reader button) and then tap enter to start the download
process. If you hear a blupey sound, this means that the program is being
blocked and you will need to hold down Alt and tap the letter N. then tap
your applications key, down arrow to install and enter. This will tell your
computer that it is OK to download the program.

You then will receive a message asking if you would like to run or save this
file. Up-arrow to run and enter. The download process will start. It may
take a few minutes to download. When it is dun, you will be placed on a
install now button, tap enter on this button. You now will be placed on a
next button, tap enter on this button.  You now will be placed on another
install button, enter on this button. Now just sit back and let it take care
of it's self. When it has finished installing, you will be placed on a
finish button. Just enter on this button to complete the install. Keep in
mind at any time you would like to repeat the last prompt spoken, just use
the JAWS repeat command insert plus tab.

Now you will need to set up the program. The license agreement will pop up.
Shift tab back to the except button and tap enter. Now an accessibility
option screen will pop up all you need to do hear is tab once to (use
recommended settings and skip setup button) and then tap enter. Now all you
need to do is use alt plus F4 to close the program and the next time you
receive a .PDF file you should be able to open it.

I hope these directions are clear, I put them together in about 10 minutes.