One of the biggest problems we JAWS users have with Excel documents is
getting it to look presentable.  A quick fix is to do a select all and
change the font to something like Arial 10 or 12.  While everything is still
selected, go to the format menu on the menu bar, arrow down to columns, then
select auto fit column width from the submenu.  I might not have the right
verbiage for the submenu item, but you should be able to figure out which
item to select.

The problem with my directions above are that you may end up with some very
wide columns.  If you have any column headings that are significantly longer
then the content of the column or column content that is very wide, then you
should reduce the width of the column by selecting the column width from the
above mentioned submenu, and entering in a smaller size.  Then you will need
to tell Excel to wrap the text in that cell so that it will be visible  to
someone looking at the spreadsheet.  JAWS will read the entire contents of a
cell even if it is not visible.  You will just need to have your cursor on
any cell in a column when changing the column width.  When telling Excel to
wrap the text in a cell, you need to be on that cell, or have the series of
cells selected.

It is sometimes practical to turn on the grid lines of the spreadsheet.  I
have spent many frustrating hours figuring out how to do this successfully,
and always end up getting sighted assistance with this task.

Ultimately, you will need someone sighted to look over the printed
spreadsheet.

Please let me know if anything I've stated here is not clear.

Annette