From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2017 9:18 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Need Help With Two Jaws Issues

Hi Tom,

You can try the following for your 1st issue, but I can't help with your 2nd
issue:
Note: The steps below were performed running Windows 7 & JAWS versions 15
thru 18.  These steps won't work with Windows 8 or 10, & why they won't is
below my steps.
For those of you that have Jaws set to start at the Windows log-in screen,
but it doesn't, this might work for you.  I looked in, msconfig, & found
that JAWS Freedom Scientific wasn't at the top of the list on the Start-up
Page / Tab, so this is what I did.
1. Press, Windows key + R, to open the run dialog.
2. Type, *msconfig*, without the stars, & press enter.
3. Press, control + tab, until you get to the, Start-up Page / Tab.
4. I arrowed down the list, & unchecked any items above, JAWS Freedom
Scientific, on the Start-up Page / Tab.
Note: Only uncheck the items / programs above JAWS Freedom Scientific, &
nothing else.  Pay close attention to what you uncheck because you are going
to recheck these items / programs shortly.
5. Tab to the, Okay, button, press the spacebar, & tab 1 time to, Restart, &
press enter to restart your computer.
6. Once your computer is booted up repeat steps 1 thru 3, & you will notice
that JAWS Freedom Scientific is now at the top of the list.
7. Now, arrow down the list of items / programs on the Start-up Page / Tab,
check the items / programs that you unchecked previously, & repeat step #5.
Now Jaws should start on the Windows log-in screen when your computer
starts.  I did the above steps on 4 different computers, both desktop &
lattop, &I'm not going to say it works everytime, but it sure works most of
the time, which I can say is a damn site better than before I followed the
above steps.
Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.