Have you explored your system trey for the culprit. Press [Windows key]+[b] or [Insert]+[f11] and see what's listed.

Review the programs listed in the Programs and Features area too. See if there something listed in the installed programs list that you didn't specifically install. Once you know the name of the ghost, you can research Google for a ghost buster LOL!