To go to the header, do alt n h then the letter e for edit.
 Justinto

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Scorpio
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 9:03 PM
To: JFW List <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] page numbering

Hi Lenny,

That's because the page numbers are in the heading of the page, and you have
to toggle a keystroke to get to the header of the page.

Jaws just figures you want to work with one part of the document at a time,
so when you're editing the document proper, it will only focus on that, but
when you're editing the header, as you did when you added the page numbers,
it switches to the header view.

I don't know what the keystrokes are to go from one to the other, but I'm
sure the Office help, under keystrokes will have it.

Hope this helps.

Scorpio