Hello to all.
Is there a way to force Jaws to handle print newline characters differently?
I do a great amount of proofreading using braille, and it's a constant source
of annoyance to me that many times, the braille display isn't used to its
fullest potential. Many times, the first part of the print line is shown nicely
on the display, but the latter part only takes up a very small amount of the
cells. Also, lists are repetitive to navigate. For example, when reading this
list:
IMPRESSION:
1.  Asthma.
2.  COPD.
3.  Chronic back pain.
4.  Migraine headaches
In that example, I have to press the Next button on the braille display four
times in order to get that little bit of information, because Jaws wraps the
braille line to the end of the current print line.
Does anyone know of any script that I could use to indicate the newline
character by a special braille symbol? Or if there are any skilled scripters
out there, I'd be happy to pay for such a script. In my above example, let's
say that the newline character is indicated on the braille display as "space L
with dot 7 space"
making the list look like this:
IMPRESSION: symbol 1.  Asthma. symbol 2.  COPD. symbol 3.  Chronic back pain.
symbol 4.  Migraine headaches
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I use Jaws 9 or  17, depending on the computer I'm running at the time.