Hey Steven,
I did some more digging in the Jaws Keyboard manager. Just to get the record
straight, I use Jaws version 9.0 and Microsoft Excel and Word 2003. So maybe
these keystrokes aren't available in the newer versions.
In the Microsoft Excel JKM file, there is a neat little keystroke called Say
Column Title. Alt plus shift plus C.
but in the Microsoft Word JKM file the keystroke is alt plus jaws key plus
shift plus C.
now the strange part. When I tried it in Excel, it wouldn't give me the column
title. But when I did an Alt 1, I heard it loud and clear.
that's just how things are sometimes.

-------
If something sounds too good to be true, just remember, it might be.