Yes if you change the list view to a tree view this will work for earlier versions of jaws.

To do this just go to the view menu and arrow down to sort bye and press enter and then arrow down to threaded and press enter to check this will change the list view to a tree view and then earlier virsions of jaws will read the messages in your in box.

hope this helps

I believe that if you set your folder views in thunderbird to threaded the older versions of JAWS will read them. I have seen this mentioned on several
different email lists I am on.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

block quote
On Apr 29, 2017, at 8:35 PM, Jim Pursley
<jim.purs...@gaiacapital.com>
 wrote:
J18 is the only version of JAWS currently capable of reading Thunderbird's mailboxes, if I'm right. I'm uncomfortable not having a JAWS backup to work my entire system. Anyone know if J17 can be configured with the latest J18 build which lifted the awesome silence when opening my Thunderbird in box?
 Eric?
--
James C. Pursley
Chief Investment Officer