Good evening Jaws list. When I refreshed my PC, I decided to leave word 2010
off of my computer for now. But I could not stand to not have any office sounds
in outlook 2016 or in word 2016. So after doing some searching and playing
around with the below steps, I finally figured out how to get the office sounds
working if you are just using the latest Outlook or word without any prior
office versions on your computer.
Warning, first go to file explorer options, view tab, change to allow hidden
folders, tab to the OK button, press enter.
Now go and download the office sounds from the Microsoft website.
1.            Run sounds.exe - it will give you an error message.  Don't click
this error message away.
Just leave the error message opened on your computer.
With the error message still up, go to your AppData folder (HDD:\Users\**Your
username**\appdata\local\temp, and search for sounds.msi, and run it with
Admin rights.
*This is where I was confused for a minute.
Go to users/your users name/appdata/local/temp.
Press Control+E, for the search edit, type, sounds.msi, press enter.
Now tab until you here the full path of the sound.exe file,
This will sound something like this, sounds.msi
C:\Users\pi***nppData\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP Windows Installer Package
‎5/‎25/‎1999 ‏‎2:30 PM 638 KB.
Now just press enter here on this long path name.
Say yes to users account, the office sounds install dialog will now come up for
you.
Follow all the prompts, after the sounds.exe finishes installing the sounds,
close this window and the open error message window message you left open.
*Step two.
•             Follow my directions, I just opened up word 2016 and did the
following.
1.            Press ALT+F, followed by the letter T, for word options.
2.            Go to the advanced tab.
3.            Faster to Shift+Tab, and go to, Provide feedback with sound
checkbox.
4.            I pressed the spacebar to check it, tab to the OK button, press
enter.
5.            Now close word 2016, open it again, you should have sounds.
folders, tab to OK, press enter.
7.            This is fantastic, I finally have my sounds back in outlook 2016
and word 2016, with no prior word products installed on my computer.

Your humble pinhead!
Owner of the Windows 10 and Jaws group.