Adrian,
Have you checked in Task Manager, to see if there are any Chrome.exe or Chrome anything running? and then End Process?

It's also possible that the problem has nothing at all to do with Google Chrome, which is just a manifestation of it. Have you had difficulty uninstalling any other programs? (I'm thinking of this Windows XP error message you got.)

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 8:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Google Chrome, can't install; Revo Uninstaller

Update. Although I have Windows 7, Chrome is saying:

This computer will no longer receive Chrome updates because Windows XP and Windows Vista are no longer supported

Apparently, not only won't it receive updates; it won't even install. So, now the question is how to persuade Google that my system is Windows 7? I'm getting nowhere with this query on Google.