Well, hypothetical questions cause a lot of confusion in my opinion. Maybe we
need to get back to asking and answering real questions about Jaws. Again, just
my opinion after reading all the emails in this thread. Smiles.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of John O'Regan
Sent: Thursday, July 6, 2017 10:17 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] How can I lock the JAWS key?

Hello Again,

Thanks to everyone for their replies.  Remapping the date function to the Pause
key is the best solution I've heard so far, imho.

But I'm afraid I've unintentionally misled you.  My question was meant to be
more generic.  Holding down the Ins key while pressing F12 twice quickly was
just an example.

How would my hypothetical one-handed typist who can only press one key at a
time press the Ins key and press T twice quickly in help mode
(Ins+1) to hear extended help for the Say Title keystroke, for instance?

Icymi, in the latest release of NVDA it is now possible to lock the NVDA key by
pressing it twice, if Sticky Keys are enabled.

BFN!

John