Yes ... after doing some exploring, I found out what I needed to know. Your information was a great help. Thanks for the tips and info.

-----Original Message----- From: Adrian Spratt
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 9:46 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Inquiry

I think the best way to answer your query is to explain how the JAWS menu is laid out. But don't begin by pressing alt after you've pressed JAWS key+j. so:

JAWS key+j opens the JAWS menu
Right away, JAWS verbalizes "Options submenu." You can use your up and down arrow keys for other choices or press enter to open the options submenu. If you open the options submenu, you'll find other choices that you can locate by pressing the up and down arrow keys. For example, there's so-called "Basics" and two "voice" dialogs. Press enter on the one you want and proceed through the dialog by tabbing. If, instead of pressing enter on "options" you arrow up, you'll notice such choices as "About," "Help," "Utilities," and so on. Most of these choices are submenus. You press enter to locate the choices within the submenu.

To my mind, a shortcoming in the JAWS menu is that once you click on something and then escape out of it, you simultaneously escape out of the JAWS menu system. If you're exploring the menu, it means being bounced out of it and pressing JAWS key+j several times. But the effort is worth it.

I hope this is clear.