From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Orlando Enrique Fiol
Sent: Friday, August 11, 2017 8:25 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] touch cursor help

Hello all. I'm a recent Window-eyes migrant and am having conceptual trouble
understanding and using the touch cursor. When I invoke it in the Media
Human application, I can use tab and shift-tab to navigate among screen
elements that are unspoken with both the Jaws and PC cursors. But once I
locate the desired element, I can't activate it.
Must I route the Jaws cursor to the touch cursor position and press the left
mouse button in order to activate the element, or can the activation be
performed exclusively with the touch cursor?
More profoundly, is the touch cursor only useful to access elements that are
inaccessible with the other cursors, but not to activate elements? I realize
that the touch cursor was primarily intended for tablet use, but I'm
attempting to use it on my desktop and laptop. If there are any useful touch
cursor tutorials, I'm happy to digest them.
Thanks,

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. Candidate in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and
Pedagogue
Home: (980) 585-1516
Mobile: (267) 971-7090
Email: of...@verizon.net