you don't need two sound cards.
if your speaker settings are in your sys tray open the context menu and arrow to sound mixer. there you can adjust just the jaws volume. but be careful. if you turn it off you would have to use narrator or n v d a to go back to the mixer to turn the speech back on.

-----Original Message----- From: Ted Larson
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2017 2:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] controlling only jaws volume

Dear List:

How do I permanently control only the jaws volume, but leave the volume at
100 percent for all other applications?  How do I get to the right place to
make the adjustment?  I can change the speaker volume for the entire
computer, but, I really only want to change the volume for jaws.  I found
other voice setting changes within the startup wizard and also in the jaws
screen, but could find no volume adjustment.  Thanks.  Regards:  Ted Larson