You can also use insert control alt r, or insert control alt c to set column
and row headers.   I haven't followed this thread, but that is what I do,
unless I'm referring to something different.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2017 10:28 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] excel reading headers.

Hello again,

I should have mentioned that if you want to hear row titles then you use
RowTitle instead of ColumnTitle.  If you want both row and column titles you
would use Title instead of ColumnTitle or RowTitle.
There should be no spaces in the name, the beginning of the range is
preceded by one period and the end of the range is preceded by two periods.
For example,
RowTitle.a5..a20
Will let you hear row titles in that range of cells.  Using just the Word
Title will let you hear both row and column titles in the range you specify.

Take care.
Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net