From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of patti
Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 6:12 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] New JAWS user question about caps lock as JAWS key

Hi,
Do you have the insert key mode checked?
If not here is how you get to it.
1, Open the Settings Center in either of these 2 ways.
A, Press, Insert / Jaws Key + 6, on the number row above the main keyboard.
B, Press, Insert / Jaws Key + F2,
2, press, control, shift , + D, to open the Settings Center Default All
Applications.
3, Arrow down to, Users, right arrow to open.
4, Arrow down to, Insert Key Mode, press space bar to check this box.
Here's the explanation of this option:
When selected, the INSERT key functions as a sticky key. Any key pressed
immediately after pressing the INSERT key is treated as if it were pressed
in combination with the INSERT key. This check box is cleared by default.
5, tab to ok, press the space bar
Patti

I cross my left hand over my right to press insert leaving my right hand on
the home row to press the J.  The one that I find difficult on my current
laptop is Insert+Function+semicolon to route the JAWS cursor to the PC
cursor.  The Insert key and the semicolon are on the same side of the
keyboard.  The Function key and Insert key are in opposite corners of the
keyboard.