Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:52 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] external hard drive is dead

what a scam! 600 dollars to run a software prggram to get the data lost
because their drive failed?
On 10/19/2017 12:43 PM, Lenny McHugh wrote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions. It is not worth the $599 to have the data
recovered. I tried a few programs and I do not have enough space on my
computers to try and recover the data. I located a partition recovery
program that can not locate any partition. I ran a few scan programs that
ran for about 8 hours and did not detect anything. I gave up and decided
just to reformat the drive and get errors. I called Seagate and the tech
linked into my computer to do the reformat for me. He received the same
errors so a new drive is on the way. I have a $11.95 charge. This covers
shipping both ways. I have 25 days to return the dead drive. He explained
how they make sure that any data on my drive is totally destroyed. I should
have it in 3 to 5 days for a few dollars more I could have it in 2 days.

---

Please visit my web page

It�s motivational, inspirational with a touch of humor

http://www.LennyMcHugh.com