I knew that option was somewhere, but I couldn't remember where it was. Many thanks for the help.

Arianna
----- Original Message ----- From: "net bat66" <netba...@gmail.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 10:16 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Unwanted spoken checks

for me its a windows setting in the folder options.
open the my computer icon then open the pull down menu with alt. go to tools then folder options. go to the view tab. then arrow down to use check boxes to select items and uncheck it. its near the bottom of the options list.
then click on ok to save the change.

-----Original Message----- From: Arianna Calesso