I don't know. I've always had these sorts of problems with internet
Explorer, mostly with it closing unexpectedly because of some error, or
scripts on a page just slowing everything down so much that they stopped
working. Back in the day, most of my IT friends were telling people not to
use IE. It took me a long time to get on board with Firefox, when I was
using my XP machine, and even then I ended up going back to iE from time to
time because sometimes it did seem like JAWS worked nicely with it. As time
went on, though, I found this to be less and less the case. It got to the
point where many of my favourite websites just did not work properly in IE
anymore. You could still use them, but some of the functionality just wasn't
available. Now when I try to go to goodreads.com with iE, for instance, I
can't even find my own reviews when I click on a book's page. The WWW is
just leaving Internet Explorer behind, and Microsoft has acknowledged this
by bringing in an entire new browsing experience: Edge. Edge is n o good for
me though, and I'm not going to settle for something that works so poorly.
But Microsoft has never really dissuaded  anyone from using third party
products, and well they shouldn't. At this point, I think that's really what
most of us have to do.

It would be nice if browsers, as well as other software,  had accessibility
built into them, and I guess that is the "new paradigm" of things. This way
the screen-reader developers wouldn't constantly have to be struggling to
keep up. But, I guess this isn't really the problem, as far as IE goes, most
of the time.