I do not have windows defender so that can not be the problem, I have McAfee live safe but I have seemed to have fixed the problem for now

I am just wondering if I clear the windows update history if that would work the next time it happens so is there any one on the list that knows how to clear the windows update history?

Thanks in advance

Re: [JAWS-Users] windows updates seems to be stuck
I've had Windows update get stuck like that using Windows 10. Seems Windows Defender and Windows update don't always play nice together. So I went into Windows defender, checked for and applied updates, then reran the Windows update again. So far, it  fixes the problem for me.

Shane