I wonder if is related to how you and her have forms mode set?

----- Original Message ----- From: "JM Casey" <crystallo...@ca.inter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2018 5:08 PM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] keyboard shortcuts on webpages not working

Hi everyone. Forgive the half-formed inquiry, but I'm about to have a
meeting about this and I don't yet have a lot of info. There's a website
being designed where the user can rate a series of statements on a numerical scale. The creators of the site designed it so that you can do this directly
from the keyboard by using ctrl-key combinations from 1 to 5. So, for
example, the user might see a statement, and press ctrl-3 to give that
statement a rating of 3. Once the key bombination is pressed, the next
statement loads. This is something I have tested and works fine in both
Firefox and Chrome using JAWS 18. However, one of the testers is having
problems. The keyboard combos do not work at all. She is a JAWS user. I do
not yet know what browser she is using, but I'll shortly find out. I looked
a little at a page describing how one can use JAVA to do this when
developing a site, but I myself am not a developer, and there's a lot I
could be missing. So, in brief, does anyone know if there are any caveats,
prerequisites and such, for these sorts of shortcuts on websites to work? Is
there some setting in either a browser, or even in JAWS, related to this
functionality that she might have to change? I know it's not presently a lot of info to go on, but any help would be appreciated nonetheless. Thank you.