try this link:

https://www.freedomscientific.com/Content/Documents/Manuals/Focus/Focus40Blue/Focus-40-Blue-Online-Users-Guide.htm

Legend has it that on Saturday 4/28/2018 02:33 PM, leonard morris said:
I have an older Focus 40 blue display. It was not displaying cells correctly so I did not use it for about five years. But as a last resort I took it to a PC store and they cleaned the dust out. While it isn't perfect it is very much more useable. in fact I'm typing this email using it right now. I can not find my manual but I want to know the keys to press to perform a test pattern for the cells? Also, it looks like the firmware for the display is 4.44. How can I check to see if there is a firmware update? -- "Every country has an idenity, history, customs, and culture. It's a unique landscape in determining how its people live, work and play." For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/

---