I haven't done any checking on it in awhile, but I do know before I have heard Jaws say the percentage of the battery. I didn't put that info in the sys tray either or least I don't remember doing it..
I only disabled the mouse which is in the system's tray.
Maybe it's a MS configuration issue on weather it shows there or not??

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale Leavens" <dleav...@puc.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2009 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Checking the Status of a Laptop Battery

My point though is that you have to set that in the power settings otherwise it is not in the system tray. It is not in the system tray of Janet's acer and I haven't bothered to put it there.

The touch pad is there in the system tray and I would like to be able to get it into the system tray of this Lenovo but there doesn't seem to be a setting for that. It does however have the pointer above the 'B' so the odd sighted passer can use it with the pad disabled

If the battery meter is not in the system tray then the Jaws scripts to read it won't tell you the battery status.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dunbar" <patricia-dun...@sbcglobal.net>