I use AVG 8.5 paid version.
I do not have to alt-tab, just arrow keys and tab works for most of it.
The only area I've had to use the jaws cursor was when I had to enter the new license number and to hear the new date the subscription lasts.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Marie Medlar" <amedl...@bellsouth.net>
To: "JawsUsersList" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] AVG 8.5

Hi Pat,
Are you using the free or pro version of AVG?
When you launch AVG8.5 do you need to press control+tab in order to make the
alt key work for menus.
If you alt tab to another application and back to AVG does Jaws loose focus?
I am composing some instructions for using AVG with Jaws.
I include how to use help, schedule AVG to run automatically, scan computer
on demand, and review history.
Do you know where AVG states
----- Original Message ----- From: "Patricia Dunbar" <patricia-dun...@sbcglobal.net>