Chris,
I find this frustrating too.
I've noted difficulties with the spell checker when I previously used
Office 2000, and previous versions of JAWS as well.
So I'm sorry I know of no fix, but I suspect it's something FS would have
to work on.
Have you communicated with their tech support?
Blessings,
Tom

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:17:20 +0100
> From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopher...@googlemail.com>
> Subject: [JAWS-Users] Inconsistencies between JAWS 10 and Word 2007
> To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
>
> Hello all,
> I'm noticing the above issue when it comes to spell checking a
> document. At
> the moment I find it frustrating when it comes to proofreading. A
> good
> example of such problem is, "not in dictionary: type in text.
> alt+:.". Is
> there a fix for this? Using JAWS 10 latest and Office 2007 SP2.
> Please
> advise. Thanks.
Click here to find the right business program for you and take your career to
the next level.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTESUSTxLKJRbcBoDMKFWASU05eLxvcGNDDXGwY7yGT8qLdkjFaRpu/