Thanks for the help. I really thought that I had the newest version. After
the restore to Feb 09 jaws 10 was on the computer. I immediately went to
check for updates and the only version presented to me was 10.512. I made
the assumption that it was the latest. After reading the email I saw that
.54 was what was the newest. The check for updates now presented this
version.
Now if I could only recover 4 months of emails that I wanted to keep.
Incidentally the crash was due to outlook express. As Rick suggested I
normally use the manual compress. last evening I was doing a lot of clean
up. When I closed outlook express it wanted to compress. I canceled
restarted outlookexpress and did a manual compress. The system was already
trashed. Learned another hard lesson, after a few deletes of large emails I
will always do a manual compress.
Again thanks to everyone on list who helped.
---
Please visit my home page; it is motivational, inspirational and humorous
with many resources for the blind.
http://www.geocities.com/lenny_mchugh/
Lenny