thanks Brian. what I finally had to do is, use narrator, which I hate doing, but in this case it helped. I uninstalled jaws, and with narrator's help reinstalled jaws with the latest update, and it worked. I think FS made a mistake when they took out the repair feature in tools, but that's just my opinion. smile. Obviously it doesn't mean much, or the repair feature would still be in there. smile. Jim

From: "Brian Lee" <brianl...@charter.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2010 1:08 PM
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] i need to download the latest update to jaws again,and I can't.

Hello Jim,

You might have already resolved the problem, but if not here is a link that
you can use to download the newest update for your 64-bit installation of
JAWS.  Information about performing the repair is shown below after the
download link.

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J11.0.1430-64
bit.exe

After downloading the file you can do the following steps to repair the
installation:

1.  Use Windows key with R to bring up the run dialog box.

2.  Use tab key to the browse button and press spacebar.

3.  Browse to the downloaded JAWS setup file and press enter key.

4.  Use tab key to move to where JAWS says "open colon edit combo", press
the end key and then press spacebar.

5.  Type in /Type repair, (that is first type a slash followed immediately
by the word type then a space and then the word repair.

6.  Use tab key to the OK button and press enter key.

7.  Follow the prompts.

Take care.

Brian Lee

brianl...@charter.net