Since this is a brand new computer, I would attempt to remove all of the bloated software included by the manufacturor. Most are paid to include trial versions from other companies. Most of these, like Norton, you could not pay me to use. They also install a ton of accessory and extra software for supporting their hardware. Some run in the background and are meant to keep your drivers from them up-to-date. Unfortunately, I have found all software from manufacturers not usable! I usually attempt once. I remove or disable almost all of their software.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen

On 7/11/2011 1:46 AM, Van Der Walt Riana wrote:
No, my pc is brand new, or was, having this hassle since the first
moment I received it and experienced the symptom.  That's why I
definitely don't want to defrag.

Riana

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of Mike&
Barbara In Arcadia
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 6:42 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] How to decrease time for JAWS to respond

Hi Riana&  Vicky,

Were your computers working fine&  then all of sudden the computer
started
reacting really slow in responding to the keyboard commands?  I have
played
around with Keyboard&  Accessibility Options in the control panel&
haven't
been able to duplicate the problem.  I had this same issue several
months
ago but, it had to do with using an adaptor to make a USB keyboard work
on a
PS2 computer.  I know I'm not being much help but, these weird
occurrences
like the both of yours intrigue me.  Take care.
Mike