The VMware Player is free and there is a more advanced program BMware Workstation wich has to be purchased. The last time I checked it was arount $190. It adds features like taking snapshots and movies to make it easier to restore previous states of the guest Operating System. Since the guest Operating System is contained in files, making a copy of the entire directory of the Virtual Machine provides an easy backup, acting much like a snapshot.

There are JAWS scripts that were written by Chris Hallsworth and myself. We started them for Player 2.5, which had many accessibility issues. Player 3.x really does not require any scripts. The Player now also allows you to create Virtual Machines just like Workstation. In my view, the Player free product meets most users needs. Advanced users might want to consider the added features of Workstation.

The scripts for Player and Workstation are bundled together and located at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/marangs/VMware.html

Verizon no longer allows ftp to their free web space, so these pages will be moved soon to DonaldMarang.org.

Chris manages a mailing list for blind users of Virtual Machines. If interested, you can subscribe at:
b-v-m-subscr...@yahoogroups.com

*Don Marang*
Vinux Software Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org <http://www.vinuxproject.org/> There is just so much stuff in the world that, to me, is devoid of any real substance, value, and content that I just try to make sure that I am working on things that matter.
-- Dean Kamen