From: jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com
[mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf Of John Justice
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:21 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] need help on how to safely remove USB thumb drive
under Windows 7

        Robert,
This is the easiest way I have found to make sure that a jump drive is ready
for removal.

1.  While the jump drive is still connected, open the Computer option.
2.  Now arrow down until you hear that particular drive mentioned.
Important!  Do not open the drive.
3.  Press the Applications key.  In most cases, the letter J is a first
letter navigation to the Eject option.

Note:  If you hear a warning bell, this is one of those units which have
their own disconnect feature.  In that case, look for the drive in the
system tray, tab over to some of the options until you find something like
Shut Down or the equivalent.  Just press Enter on that option and the system
will do what is necessary to prepare the unit for removal.
If all else fails, shut down your computer and then remove the drive.  When
the computer shuts down, it loses connection with the drive.

JOHN AND LINDA JUSTICE
WITH GUIDE DOGS JAKE AND ZACHARY