I use Carbonite on our desktop computer running Windows 7.  The desktop
computer has a larger internal hard disk than my laptop.  I use Karen's
Replicator to copy all of my important files from my laptop to the
desktop computer.  Then Carbonite backups my data from both computers.
Since it is used by my son, I do not have JAWS on that computer.  I have
NVDA installed instead.

There is a general HTML style window available through the System Tray
or the Programs menu.  Everything is readable in this window, but it is
extremely frustrating and slow!  Perhaps JAWS does better!  It acts like
a web page with an unusual amount of JavaScript continually running.
The right mouse click context menus are much easier to use.  It should
indicate if a particular file or folder is completely vacked up.  The
sighted can easily see this at a glance for all files and folders,
because the icons are color coded!  After my backup should be complete,
I look at the status of some high level folders.  It may say everything
is currently backed up or that some files are not backed up.  The trial
will only back up files in certain locations and will initially block
large files, like videos.  You can use the Carbonite Properties dialog
in the context menus to add folders elsewhere and other filetypes you
want to backup.  For instance, I have lots of media on this disk, which
is actually served up as a DLNA Media Server, at C:\Media.  By using the
Applications key, then arrowing down to the Carbonite submenu and
selecting Properties, you can check whether to backup this folder.  It
is that easy.  I also made sure that all of the filetypes I wanted to
backup were included.  This is a pain, but only needs to be done once.
Select any file in a folder that is flagged for backup of each type,
like .mp3, or .m4v.  Open the Carbonite Properties of that file.  Again
check the desired checkboxes to backup this file and for all files of
this filetype.

*Don Marang*
Vinux Package Development Coordinator - vinuxproject.org
<http://www.vinuxproject.org/>