This may or may not be related to issues with online banking sites that people have mentioned, but I'll mention it here anyway just to muddy up the waters.

A couple of weeks ago, I suddenly could not log into a critical web site here at work. I had just received a bunch of Microsoft updates the previous night. I restored my system to just before the updates were installed, and I suddenly could again log into that critical site. I started adding updates back, one at a time, and testing my ability to log into that site. I eventually found the culprit, Update KB2661254 Minimum key length for certificates. This update altered the behavior of Internet Explorer on web sites that used a certificate with a key length of less than 1024 bits. Essentially, it won't work. I had to uninstall KB2661254 and all is happy now. This update did not effect the way that FireFox interacted with these web sites.

This is definitely not Al's problem as he said that when his wife clicked on the link, it worked.

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi