Hello,
Xp was great, but windows 7 is very accessible. What you need to do is have someone change everything over to classic view. This will make everything look and behave just like xp. I did this when I was using vista and use windows 7 now and my cousin did that for me. It works great. You don't even know it's windows 7. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. As a word of caution, if you are using an earlier version of JAWS, you may find that it is not fully compatible. I han into this issue when I got windows 7 last year. I was using a version of JAWS 11 that was not fully supported, so I was getting some error messages, but JAWS still worked. My cousin just called Freedom Scenentific and they let him download a newer update that fixed the problem. So like I said, use windows 7 in classic view.