Hi! I am using a third party anti-virus software and have been for a long time
and I am using windows 8.1. No problems here.

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On Behalf
Of Rick Justice
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:17 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] no need for third party anti virus on windows 8.1

Hi Dan,
MSE only works up to Windows 7, and Windows 8 uses Windows Defender.
Not using Windows 8 right now, but don't see any reason why other security
software can't be used.
Others actively using Win8 will be able to advise you better than me.
HTH,
Rick Justice

"People say I'm crazy,...
but it's the only way I know to maintain my sanity!"