One of the major difficulties I have with Firefox is in my use of the ESC
key. I tend to tap it multiple time due to impatience or frustration, and in
Firefox, I end up closing it accidentally way too often.

I don't have the same problem with other programs or applications -- they
just ignore any excess pressing of the ESC key.

How do I adjust Firefox settings so that it doesn't shut down with pressing
ESC more than once or twice? I'd like it a lot more if I could get over that
behavior.

No, I'm too old to stop pressing the ESC key multiple times. It's in my DNA.

Dave Carlson
Oregonian, woodworker, and pioneer