From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:03 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] OCR on PDF: Open instead directly through Openbook

Hi All,

Please note I have edited the subject line to more clearly identify my
diversion below from the original thread.

I have experienced so many problems over the years using the Freedom Import
Printer, that I simply quit using it.  As explained below, there is a
work-around that is actually much more direct and stable.

Instead of going through Adobe, open the PDF directly through Openbook.
You use the standard Openbook folder/file open command, control and o, or go
through the file menu.  Although it might not be necessary, I would cursor
down in the file type box and pick PDF.  Otherwise, the dialog boxes work
the same as for any Windows program.

The above eliminates all the hassle and potential crashes when using Adobe
and the Freedom Import printer.  It also is much more direct.

If you want to make it even easier to use Openbook in this way, add Openbook
to the "open with" dialog box you can get to if you are in Windows Explorer
with your cursor on the PDF file.

Tim Ford