From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Brian Lee
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2015 12:07 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Permanently Turning Off The Reading Of Headings
AndParagraph Markers

Hello Dr. Tom,

Here are a few suggestions:

If you use the JAWS key with V, type in the word "line", and use down arrow
key you will have two results.  The "new lines and paragraphs indication"
should be set to Off.  Press spacebar repeatedly until the off setting is
reached.  Use OK until out of dialog boxes.

Use JAWS key with V and type in the word "heading."  Use the spacebar until
the Off option is active if you don't want any heading announced in the
document.  Other options are "On" and "Heading with level."  Use OK until
out of dialog boxes.

If you are using Word 2013, I have noticed that the hotkey of CTRL+Shift+8
doesn't turn on and off the View All option on some systems.  In Word 2013
use Alt followed by H followed by 8 to do that function.  The View All
option in Word 2013 was moved to the home tab of the ribbon instead of the
view tab.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net