Is it OnMouseOver? If you have JAWS set to announce OnMouseOver elements, which it does by default, you press CTRL+JAWS+ENTER to activate the sectgion where the element is found. If such elements are however not being announced there, then it is an accessibility issue for the site developers to resolve.

-----Original Message----- From: Mario
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 2:59 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] explain hovering

I'm trying to resolve a problem with accessing a website's regular
interface. some time ago, whenever I went to qvc.com there was a list of
categories that I could browse thru, like beauty, fashion, for the home,
recreation and hobbies, etc. however customer service tells me this list
appears if I hover over the shopping with us icon or something. JAWS
does see it but it is not a link. I've already explained that I am blind
and rely on a screen reader, and can't click on graphics, so how do I
explain hovering, especially if it isn't a link?