this is also is what I must do.Not sure exactly when it stopped working.

-----Original Message----- From: Greg Washington
Sent: Thursday, February 11, 2016 4:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Hot key to turn JAWS back on not working

Interestingly enough I am experiencing the same problem on my Windows 10
computer that I upgraded from Windows 7.  I have another computer still
using Windows 7 and the shortcut or hot key for Jaws still works.  Below is
a work around I got from another list.

1.       Do a windows+M key to go to the desktop
2.       Hit the home key to go to the first icon on your desktop.
3.       Hit the letter J and you should be on Jaws 16 if you have it
installed. If not then you should be on Jaws 17 if you do not have any other
icon starting with j. If you have Jaws 16 and Jaws 17 loaded then hit the j
twice to get to Jaws 17.
4.       Hit enter key and Jaws will load.

Greg Washington