From: Adrian Spratt
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] File count in a folder

Rick and LeDon,

I also have a 64-bit Win7 machine. On my system, JAWS reports the details
the way you and I would like when it comes to subfolders. For example, in
Windows Explorer, JAWS will report the number of subfolders within a folder
and the position of each subfolder within that list.

the distinction between file and subfolder becomes apparent in the Win7
Music folder. I have subfolders identified by artist, and within each
artist's subfolder may be more than one album subfolder. However, when I
bring up a list of tracks, i.e., files, I get the behavior you report. (JAWS
reports the main subfolders in Music weirdly, but that's another issue.)

JAWS also reports number and position details in MS word 2010. However, if
I'm not mistaken, Word treats what we think of as individual files
(documents) as though they were subfolders. I say this because if you have
more than one document open, you can close one of them with the alt-F4
close-window command without closing the Word application.

I'm not sure this is helpful, but I do wonder if FS could find a solution in
this disparity. I agree, I wish JAWS reported this level of detail
consistently.