I posted a query a few weeks ago about my inability to locate any buttons on a
certain webpage that other JAWS users could access with ease. FS's Dennis Godin
has solved the problem, and I think it's worth posting the solution.

Some time ago, the federal government issued a warning about security lapses in
Java, and I removed it from my system. Today, Dennis godin encouraged me to
reinstall it. A quick Google check assured me that the security problems have
been fixed, so I went ahead. One nice thing for those of us who tied ourselves
in knots installing and activating early versions of Java Access Bridge, which
screenreaders need, is that JAB is now incorporated into Java. You still have
to change a setting in the Ease of Access Center, but it's a simple task.

Between Java and the JAWS insert-escape refresh command, I can now access the
webpage that annoyed me for a month.

Below I'm copying the link to the Java download page and the link to FS's Java
and JAB installation instructions. Note that when downloading Java, you're
encouraged to accept an Amazon and other features that I, for one, don't want
cluttering my system, so be sure to tab through each option as you go through
the installation process. Also, as frequently mentioned on this list, I suggest
saving the file and running it from your system instead of running it from the
website.

Oracle's JAVA:
http://www.java.com/en/

Enabling the JAVA Access Bridge: