Hi,

I’m ‘repairing’ JAWS17 in an attempt to solve or track down an issue where
braille is no longer appearing on the Focus40 Blue display while using JAWSS.
The first repair I ran did not solve the issue, and perhaps I should’ve left it
at that. But I’m running it again, and get the ‘Please wait while your system
is configured for JAWS. installing DotNetFramework40”",’ which has been going
on for about the past hour. And it won’t close via the EndTask or the simple
Alt-F4. I restarted the computer, and soon it went back to the repair job.
Surely it should take just ‘several’ minutes, not over an hour or more?

I’d appreciate your input and ideas on getting rid of or expediting it, as it
looks like it will run and run if left to itself.