Hi.

My first guess is that it's right about the setup files being corrupted. Can you try redownloading again? If you manually run the installer, you'll need to manually close speakDropbox before it can install. To do that hit the context key on speakDropbox in the system tray and choose exit, or Assuming the screen reader is JAWS, insert+f11, arrow down to speakDropbox, tab once and hit space on right single click, then up arrow to exit. If you tried self updating by hitting enter on the speakDropbox version in the speakDropbox tray menu, you might be able to try again by just hitting that again, I'm not sure if it would redownload it or use the existing download.

The only other possibility that comes to mind could be some kind of antimalware application is thinking that speakDropbox is a virus or something along that line and modifying the installer in some way without making it obvious to the user what's going on.

http://valiant8086.com/applications/speakDropbox

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.5.0 portable