From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Kellie Hall
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 9:29 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Tables in MS Word 2013

Hi everyone,

I am using JAWS 16 with Windows 10 in my workplace. We have been given a
word document containing a single table for us to complete each month. When
I press Insert F1 to get the information about the table JAWS announces it
is a simple table with 7 columns and 45 rows.

The problem is that if I use table reading commands, either Control + Alt +
an arrow key or layered commands, JAWS  seems to get stuck in certain
columns and won't move across the row. So, for example, I begin by moving
down the first column, no problems there. Then I decide I want to move
across a given row. When I press Control Alt right arrow JAWS announces that
I am at the end of the row. However, if I press TAB it moves me to the next
column. Again, if I try to move using my table commands I am told I am at
the end of the row. Press TAB and I am moved to the next column.

I am assuming this has something to do with the way the table has been set
up or formatted, I have never come across it anywhere but at work. Any

Cheers,

Kellie